Tree Top Ziplines
Tree Top Ziplines
Take to the trees on this exciting experience above Hermanus! Nestled in the forests of the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, the treetop zip lines crisscross down the valley, taking you over a small waterfall (when there’s been rain), valley, cliff faces and untouched landscapes and forest canopies.
With platforms ranging from 8 to 50 meters (25 to 100 feet) above the ground, you can be assured of spectacular views and memorable experience, all while gliding through (and above) the trees. Also, thanks to the braking system on your gear, you can choose to take the zipline at speed or leisurely glide along to the next platform.
For an additional R25.00 per person (cash only) you can have our local tractor and trailer combo drive you up the mountain to the first platform. All proceeds from this go to a local NGO, Camphill Village.
R25.00 additional charge for a tractor and trailer trip up the mountain to the first platform – it’s quite a walk so we suggest this option!
Duration: The overall experience (including arrival and briefing) will take approximately 1 hour.
Departures: Daily at 09H00 | 10H00 | 11H00 | 12H00 | 13H00 | 14H00 | 15H00
Transfers: Self-drive or transfers can be arranged at an additional cost. Find out more here.
Equipment: All equipment is provided.
Skills Needed: You don’t need any prior skills but we will put you through a small test to ensure we are comfortable with taking you on the full zipline.
Need to Know
Helmet and hairnet
Zipline harness and equipment
Transfers to and from the site
Photography and/or videography
What To Wear
Comfortable clothes with no loose, flapping pieces. No skirts, dresses or loose items that could come off during your trip.
Long hair to be tied up (we provide you with a hair net, too!)
Comfortable non-slip shoes as we walk a bit to get to each platform
What To Bring
Caps (we provide you with a helmet but feel free to use a cap underneath for extra protection)
A sense of adventure!
Notes & Requirements
No person over 120kg will be allowed to zipline.
Children between 6 and 12 years’ of age are allowed but must do the trip tandem with a guide if necessary.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to yout tour time to ensure that we keep to schedule.
Expecting moms: due to the nature of this experience and the bumpy ride up to the first site, this experience is unfortunately not for you
The Fine Print
- We do not accept any cancellations or adjustments to your bookings 7 days prior to the activity.
- We do not refund the deposit if your number drops before 10 days of the activity, or if you decided to cancel the booking 10 days prior.
- Zipline activities are weather permitting but we will notify you if the weather is too severe to go out.
Terms & Conditions
- Proof of deposit or full payment must be presented on arrival.
- Guests over 5 ‘ of age will be allowed but it is up to the guides to determine if they need to go in tandem or not.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your booking time as we take multiple bookings a day and need to keep to a schedule for all groups. We, however, reserve the rights to shorten your excursion if need be due to late arrival.
Duration: 1 hour
Max Guests: 1 – 6 per trip
Groups: Find out more about group bookings
Need To Know: Suitable for children over 6 years’ old and a max weight of 120kg (265 pounds)